This weekend I finished up an upgrade for jsshell to version 3.0. I also put together a new jsshell landing page to help users get started.
New Stuff In 3.0
- jQuery and jLinq Upgrade: Both libraries have been upgraded to their newest versions. jQuery 1.4.4 and jQuery UI 1.8.7. jLinq has been upgraded to 3.0.2.
- Auto Complete: Previously, jsshell would show css classes, IDs and tags that were on the page as a 'auto-suggest" popup but you couldn't select anything on the list. Now, jsshell allows you use TAB to select the currently highlighted item. You can use up and down to change the highlighted item.
- Remember Last Command: jsshell now remembers the last successfully executed command. If you browse to a new page or refresh the view, the last command you ran will still be waiting for you.
- Access 'file:///' URL: Previously, Google denied the app from being released because it had access to the
fileURL. It seems they have changed the way this rule is handled so this version now includes the local file url.
- A 'Run' Button - Finally...: The only way to run commands before was to press
CTRL+Enter. Now there is a button that does the same thing.
Special thanks to @stevehebert for his great suggestions on improvements for jsshell.
Please feel free to let me know if anything isn't behaving as expected.
December 20, 2010
Update for jsshell to version 3.0 with new jQuery, new jLinq and better auto-complete features.